Hi, I'm a new member

soon2Bcountrygirl

Hatching
11 Years
Oct 17, 2008
Hi, everyone,
I am a city girl who is soon2Bcountrygirl, thus my title...I just had to join after reading WriterofWords' Nugget the rooster story!! Laughed till I cried, I did! You all seem to be a fun group and I will need some help soon when my husband and I move onto the 4 acres we bought last year. I've been involved with animals all my life (no human children, just fur children) - domestic rabbits, dogs, cats...and I've been a satellite squirrel rehabber for a local wildlife center for about 2 years raising and rehabbing orphaned eastern gray squirrels. Am a retired elementary teacher, now run a small sewing business sewing home furnishings. When we move, I'd like to have a couple of goats, a few chickens, maybe a donkey, more dogs, etc. It's my dream, as I've always lived in a city. Am a southern girl, live in Alabama. Any other Alabamians?
Thanks for such a friendly forum and look forward to talking with you all!
Deb
frow.gif

Hi and welcome! Good luck with the move, and come on, if you want friends you gotta make good with pictures of your fur and feather babies!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome, Yes we are surely be a fun group, glad to have ya good luck.

AL

Hi there! It's always nice to meet a fellow newbie like myself. What part of AL are you in? You don't have to tell if you don't want to though.
smile.png
Just curious because my brother & his family live in Albertville.
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome I'm new too and hooked. I decided to join because I think my friends and family are getting tired of listening to my stories about my chickens. lol They have no taste!!
I was a country girl and live in town but made room for chickens....glad my city doesn't care...I live on the outskirts...thank god!

Last edited:
Welcome soon2b! I'm a city girl as well and we just moved to our 2 acre home 1week ago and I'm as excited as you to start our little "farm"! I'm addicted to this site and I don't even have chickens yet, but I know when I get them I'll be ready! Forgot to mention that I was soo excited the 1st day we moved in I saw a beautiful white cat in the yard, he ran from me but I put out some food and he's been back each day and will let us pet him. Come to find out from the neighbors that he's a local Tom around here and the people who lived here before us always fed him so he's just "home"! I couldn't be more thrilled to already have an animal around, makes live more enjoyable!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom