Hi, I'm a new member

Howdy!
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
These folks are great! Just know this... your insanity will sneak up on you, like the number of chickens you feed! Have fun, we certainly do:yiipchick

Hi everyone I am new to the BYC
big_smile.png
Three weeks ago I purchased my first pullets and rooster. I have two barred rock and a blue andalusion. I have visited this forum for the past three weeks to answer general questions, but today I had to sign up and post some news.....

Most of my family just doesn't understand how cool chickens really are! I seem to be a bit of the weird duck country girl in a family of city slickers. Yesturday I got my very first egg!!!! OMG!!! I am so excited about this!!! I called my mother in law and text messaged a few other family members, but in the end they all seem to want to take the wind out of my sails....My excitement is clouded by family saying "you are a strange duck" or "that's just silly".

What they don't realize is for three weeks I have been diligently taking care of my chickens and hoping for an egg every day....it's like an easter egg hunt for me. Did anyone else feel the same way? I think I finally feel like I have been doing something right since I got an egg. Maybe I am just silly, but I really do love watching my chickens and clucking back at them. The egg was the most perfect egg I have ever seen! LOL...Maybe I'm just a proud chicken mom.

My dad used to raise chickens and ducks when I was a little girl and this has been long in the making for me. My husband is a patient man and most of the time understanding. When it came to my chickens I didn't want to push him too far so I only got two hens and the rooster. My rooster is awesome. How anyone can complain about the crowing in the morning is beyond me, I love it. It's like have any bird song in the morning. He is a proud bird and I have a great picture of him that I will try to post.

Sorry this is so long...thanks for listening and any feedback.
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome Soon2be !!

And welcome to you too sc38395 - yes, you will fit in nicely here. I was just as excited about my first egg too, heck, we all are!

SC38395 congratulations!
wee.gif

I am the odd duck in the family myself and no one ever quite gets how much I love any of my animals. I took a picture of my first egg in situ and sent it to everyone in my family, they were less than excited by this.
tongue.png

rest asured you have found your spiritual home and we are all as chicken crazy as you .
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom