Hi. I'm Andrew (Kooka) from Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kooka, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Kooka

Kooka Out Of The Brooder

Got into chooks about four years ago. I am on a small farm/large property and wanted to produce my own eggs. Researched suitable breeds and selected Wyandotte in the end as it can snow here and I was looking for something different from the straight out egger, I wanted a breed that also had eye appeal. Glad I did as they have turned out to be a lot of pleasure, in lots of ways. Currently have Blue Lace,Gold and Silver. No roosters due to complaints from the family related to the crowing!!! I get up early, have poor hearing and just don't notice "normal' behaviour[​IMG]My 'flock' comprises seven GL Wyandotte hens, 3 older hens and 4 chicks, now 3 years old.

As part of my 'corporate planning strategy' decided to extend the family with a couple of younger hens......Long story but have now got :-
    6 assorted Wyandotte chicks 5wk old, from bought eggs running with a hen AND 5 - 2wk old chicks in a 'brooder'. The brooders are 2 x GL, 2 x Wheaten Maran and a Campine. Sadly Campine will be a rooster I fear.

Anyway looking forward to meeting you,

Cheers,

Andrew

2. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    Hi! Welcome to BYC

1 person likes this.
  3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    G'day, and welcome to BYC, Andrew. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sounds like you have a lovely flock!!

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

5. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined.

Good luck with your flock! I hope you enjoy your Wyandottes especially- they're my favorite breed, and I've found them to be docile and very good layers!

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask any questions that you have! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

Good luck with your chickens!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    G'day Andrew, Welcome to the BYC flock. BYC has a most excellent thread "Australia, six states and one funny little Island." if you want to see who else has chickens in your area or get homesick.

9. Kooka

Kooka Out Of The Brooder

Many thanks for the welcome, I had seen the thread and it will be a great addition to the Forum as a whole.

Have not yet worked out site navigation and general geography yet but from the posts its apparent that its a 'friendly' site so I am looking forward to being part of the community.

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by