Hi I'm Brenda

Brenda Groth

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 27, 2014
N central Michigan
I'm in N central Michigan, 63, disabled husband. At this time I do not have chickens, was caring for a neighbors chickens when they went away but they are now in the freezer. I would like to start a small flock next year of Icelandics..we would free range as we have a large mostly fenced in area. Neighbors were Iza Browns and laid HUGE eggs and laid all winter here in Michigan.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Icelandics are very pretty birds. Especially those roosters...wow!!

Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Make yourself at home here. Ask any questions you may have. And enjoy this new journey you are on! Chickens are so much fun to keep.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I would love to have some Icelandic chickens myself. They are beautiful and perhaps the hardiest breed of chickens in existence, but unfortunately they are uncommon and expensive. Isa Brown is one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, and like all Red Sex Links, they are egg laying machines. If you have difficulties obtaining some Icelandics, you would certainly get a lot of eggs from Isa Browns. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your Icelandic chickens.

Back
Top Bottom