Hi! I'm Emily Fisse Cook

papercutouchy

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 25, 2013
I went ahead and grabbed the template for some ideas. I am going to be using this site so so much... and I am glad it is here.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am brand new to raising chickens. I grew up between the fields in Indiana but our family never had chickens. We had rabbits and goats and the like but no chickens.
I get my very first chicks the first or second of october!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 5 hens on the way.. A Silver Cuckoo Maran, Mille Fleur d'Uccle Bantam, Buff Brahma Bantam, Barred Plymouth Rock Bantam and a Silver Laced Polish.
Yes, I picked for looks but I don't think that makes me shallow. It is a lot of variety and I hope that the Polish isn't too small compared to the bantams cause I don't want anyone to get picked on too much

(3) What breeds do you have?
I talk too much and already mentioned them.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Everytime I asked a chicken question, backyard chickens seemed to have the best answers. I figured I might as well join if I am going to spend so much time on here.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Let's see... I am an illustrator and I drive the wrecker at the local track... I love 4 wheeling, fishing and 30 minute naps in a hammock.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I married my husband Chuck a couple years ago and at that ripe bold age of 26 I became the stepmom of 4 and the stepgrandma of 1. I have been busy. We have a Boston Terrier that is as gentle as they come and a feisty cat that is bipolar. I am an illustrator/designer.

I am just so glad for this site. I feel a little bit comfort that if I ever need help with anything, I have somewhere to go to ask questions.

If anyone has any idea how such different chickens are likely to treat each other, please let me know. I thought that it might help that I am raising them from chicks and hopefully they will all get along, but I just don't know.

Thanks!!!
Emily Fisse Cook

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

Back
Top Bottom