Hi, im Im rodster from Tampa Bay

Rodster

Chirping
11 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
I replied to a few posts already and i got some wonderful replies. thanks for welcoming me in such a nice way. Anyways, i am a 40+ year old bachelor with a roommate who is helping me raise and care for my new flock. I also have a 15 year old cat and he has been with me since he was about 3 months old. i hope the birds can adjust to him and maybe befreind him... he wouldnever chase them. Anyways, i got my birds from my neighbor as payment for some work> 3 hens and a rooster. i'm not sure what their history is but i am trying to find out. they are all dark, with the Roo resembling a dark cochin with lots of blue and a bit of green. his feet are messed up and his claws were outrageously long when i first got him. he is walking a lot better now, but he doesn't hold a finger barely at all... very unstable off the ground, poor guy. very sweet tho but timid. The girls, i have no idea other then brown, dark and pretty docile. not a one has showed any agression. they all seem pretty used to each other and seem to get along great. Iwill try to post pics in a few minutes and any idea helping to id them would be great. Also, im pretty sure im getting some turkeys in a few hours so ihope im not jumping the gun. i know i should be more patient but i also want to get some before too much time goes by as thanksgiving will be here very soon... Lastly, they havent laid a single egg as of yet. i imagine they need time to adapt to the new coop, nest boxes, run and routine first. which is another reason i want to get the rest of the flock all together and started so they can sot themselves out and get back to laying. i will also think about 2 more hens while im at the farm. we'll see how good the prices are i guess. i will post pics of the coop and flock soon. Anyways, thats what i have for now. Thanks and have a great day...
Rodster in tpa bay, fla

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, Rodster - sounds like you have a great start to chicken madness!
wee.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC.
frow.gif
It does take time for hens to settle into their new home. Hopefully you'll be getting your eggs soon. We will be looking forward in seeing your pictures.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom