Hi. I'm new at this

bill54

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
I bought 2 wyandotte chickens 3 weeks ago.The woman I bought them from said they we're almost a year old.She said they were already laying. In 3 weeks I've gotten 8 eggs. I get one about every other day. I think one of my birds are broken. How can I tell if its too old,too young or if something else is wrong. Thanks

Greetings from Kansas, bill54, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Sometimes a relocation can be stressful for chickens and they need a little extra time to back into the swing of laying. I'd give it a little more time. Good luck to you!

Thanks redsoxs.Being from Boston I like your user name. How much time should it take. Is there anything I can do to help them along. They seemed pretty relaxed in their coop. There's even more room in their new living area Than they had before with about 20 birds.

Ok I have an update on my broken chicken.I called me the woman that sold me the chickens today. She told me that they were about 14 months old. She said that it might be moulting.She said that she kept the coop lit all winter. She said that since I don't light the coop at night they might have started moulting. I'm not seeing many feathers. Not knowing much about this is there any way I can tell and how long before it passes. Thanks

My hens won't go in the coop at night. They go in during the day to lay an egg but at night they roost in a corner of their pen. Is that common.

Back
Top Bottom