Hi, I'm new here. Grammy got chickens!

Grammy E

Chirping
May 3, 2023
SW Michigan
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New to chickens, new to the site. We've had our chicks for less than a week.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 4

(3) What breeds do you have?
We got them from tsc, tag said Americana
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I have always loved chickens and have wanted a flock for years. We bought our home in the country to purposely have room for chickens. We couldn't have any for the first 10 years of living here because our mortgage stated we couldn't use our property for generating income for the first 10years, and if we sold eggs then we would be in violation of the mortgage agreement. Red tape bs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I crochet and paint. I love yard sales and antiquing

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have a son and daughter and a great son in law. We have 5 amazing grandchildren ages 11,9,4, almost 2 and and our newest is 2 months old. My husband and I have been together 23 years, we both still work full time. I'm soon to be 53 and my husband hasn't yet hit the 50 mark, soon enough though! Our son is 22 and our daughter is 28. She is my step daughter but there are no steps in my family, she's just my daughter period. I love my family, God and country and look forward to learning as much as possible from all of you!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
my husband actually found this site and shared it with me as we're trying to figure out if one of our chicks is a roo. We are hoping he is but I think he's still a little too young to know for sure. They told us that the chicks were almost 2weeks old when we got them. I think they are closer to 3. Of course I may be wrong. All I know is that I love them and can't wait to watch them grow.
thanks for reading, look forward to getting to know you all

I have always loved chickens and have wanted a flock for years. We bought our home in the country to purposely have room for chickens. We couldn't have any for the first 10 years of living here because our mortgage stated we couldn't use our property for generating income for the first 10years, and if we sold eggs then we would be in violation of the mortgage agreement. Red tape bs.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have a son and daughter and a great son in law. We have 5 amazing grandchildren ages 11,9,4, almost 2 and and our newest is 2 months old. My husband and I have been together 23 years, we both still work full time. I'm soon to be 53 and my husband hasn't yet hit the 50 mark, soon enough though! Our son is 22 and our daughter is 28. She is my step daughter but there are no steps in my family, she's just my daughter period. I love my family, God and country and look forward to learning as much as possible from all of you!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
my husband actually found this site and shared it with me as we're trying to figure out if one of our chicks is a roo. We are hoping he is but I think he's still a little too young to know for sure. They told us that the chicks were almost 2weeks old when we got them. I think they are closer to 3. Of course I may be wrong. All I know is that I love them and can't wait to watch them grow.

Welcome to BYC!!

Hi! Welcome to BYC! Its so nice to meet you. :frow

Back
Top Bottom