Hi I'm New Here

CarrieLynn72

In the Brooder
May 24, 2019
I recently signed up here but I have read articles here when I need to look up something. I am from Southern California, and maybe some of you know what has been going on there. Its scary so I am kinda nervous to post too much about me here. I don't want the bad guys to get us. I hope its safe here to talk about stuff.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had chickens a few years and have alot to learn. Sometimes I don't know what to do in certain situations and have experienced some with results that were not good even though I tried.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
It's under 20. We did have more. We want to get more hopefully whenever that stupid quarantine is over and they leave us alone.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Our older hens are Buff Orpingtons, a white leghorn, a black gold laced wyandotte (sp?). We also have a few RIR x White leghorns, 2 RIR, 1 Brahma, 1 EE, 1 Cochin.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I have a chair in our chicken area and I love to sit in there & watch them. I love fresh eggs and the country lifestyle.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Model horses & arts & crafts.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I live here with my husband, 4 cats & 3 dogs & the girls. We came to our home after I lost my Mom & Dad in 2015 & my Dad's sister in 2016. I have gone through alot of traumatizing stuff starting with when my dad passed in July 2015. Mom in September 2015. I enjoy being here and having our animals as therapy and just to relax and just try to heal from what I have gone through. People have not made it easy for me.

My husband is on disability due to seizures. I am not working and have been living off money from my family that passed. I am trying to do artwork and sell stuff to make money last. My mind & emotions have made it hard for me to go back to work plus I have worked for horrible places and just don't want to work for someone else.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC while searching and also the facebook groups I am in like SOB Save Our Birds, and a few others.

Attachments

• IMG_6670.jpeg
    IMG_6670.jpeg
    745.7 KB · Views: 4
Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link above. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hi and welcome.

I am not new to chickens. We got chickens in 2012 and had 14. First it was ms chicky, Rooster, six Australops, six - three silver and gold Wyandotte. We are down to the original three hens.

Come tomorrow we have had 8 chicks for two weeks. Couple of the breeds are about a month and the other is about 3 weeks old. I guess we have 11 chickens now. Silver Wyandotte, Gold Wyandottes, 3 Australops, 2 Welsummers and 3 my Ms Chicky breed which is Golden Sex Links. Watching the seniors to see who gets more treats.

Favorite is fighting for the eggs and great entertainment watching our seniors.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Here's hoping that for you and the rest of those in the area you are in that the quarantine is lifted soon. Inconvenient though it may be, it is vital to prevent the spread of that horrible disease. Someone from your area thoughtlessly spread it to another state. It's there for a reason. It will lift eventually. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom