Hi I'm New

RestoreChicBoutique

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2020
I I think I'm in the right spot for this, Hi I'm Lacey I'm new, I have seen post on the internet from this group for a long long time and did not realize it was an actual app. 😂😂 So I'm glad to be here and get the comment on some of the things I read when I Google things. I'm a hatch addict,I do not get have one of every kind of bird so I work on it daily! Lol my husband acts like he hates the chicken but he doesn't..I got chickens not realizing how amazing the little creatures are,started with 7 lost my entire flock except for two to a fox not knowing very much about anything back then the fattest thing that ever happened to me!!not that I don't love the birds I have now but I'll never have that love that I had for my very first ones ever again! Now my greatest defense is predator-proofing constantly because I promised I would never let that happen again!! I'm excited to be on this page with everyone else who speaks chicken like me! I am, that person in the room that hears someone talking about chickens and they become my new best friend!! LOL so hey everybody!!!! Oh and I live in East Tennessee!! The picture is just to be cute with my post, two hens and a rooster (hopefully) ,copper marans that I just hatched a couple weeks ago 😜
IMG_20200307_160512592.jpg

Hi, Lacey. I, too, am into protecting my birds. I built a "run" around my coop last year after losing almost all my birds to one or more weasels that killed just for fun! One of my hens escaped by jumping/flying over the fence and the other was traumatized. She was not physically injured and has now recovered. She is six years old this year. The one that escaped is two years old this year. I now have a new flock that is just beginning to lay! Good luck with your flock. I want to add the Black Copper Marans next.

Attachments

• New batch of chickens 2019.jpg
    New batch of chickens 2019.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom