Hi I'm new

Hi, I'm new and new to raising chickens. I had my chickens for 23 weeks now. I am looking forward to learning all I can about my girls. I have one Olive Egger and three Easter Eggers in an Eglu Go UP with a 6 ft run. I think I am going to need a bigger coop! What is the best low-cost coop?
Welcome! I am new and old: had bantams about 30 years ago, now actively planning having them again.

This place is a deep well of information. Have fun!

Hi, I'm new and new to raising chickens. I had my chickens for 23 weeks now. I am looking forward to learning all I can about my girls. I have one Olive Egger and three Easter Eggers in an Eglu Go UP with a 6 ft run. I think I am going to need a bigger coop! What is the best low-cost coop?
Welcome to BYC!!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome
Each chicken needs a minimum of 4sq ft coop space, 10sq ft of rum space, 1 ft linear roost, and 1sq of permanent ventilation. Also you only need 1 nesting box per 3-4 hens.
So for 4 hens you would need 16sq ft coop space, 40sq ft of run space, 4 linear ft of roost, 4sq ft of ventilation, and only 1 or 2 nesting boxes.
That's the measurements and space you want to look for when buying a coop or shed.

Back
Top Bottom