HI! IM NEW:)

janelle18

Songster
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had chickens when i was younger, we had some naked necks-turken that always scared me! As well as some laying hens. We also raised quail and phesents for while! But recently I decided I wanted to get chickens again!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We just recently recieved our first chickens.. 6.. from a local farmer
(3) What breeds do you have?
The farmer called them brown laying hens , but after some research i believe they are Golden Sex Link
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was looking for chicken coop ideas, and have been addicted since!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am a full time student, but I live at home in the country. I have a dog and two horses and work at a horse barn as well.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
-Im really excited about my new chickens and my in progress coop! Im hoping to get all the advice I need here!!

FIRST question!!!
My 6 new chickens seem quite happy, but i have noticed that one seems to be the odd lady out. She is the best looking of the group, with nice feathers and a larger body, but doesn't seem to get along with the others as well, she doesn't come running to the food like the other hens do! This morning i noticed her being chased around, is it possible she was part of another chicken 'clique' at the farm before the chickens got sold off to me ( there were at least 20 other birds at the farm from where i got my 6).
thumbsup.gif

I have a Buff Orpington who doesn't eat much, and is not favored by the other hens, that one is probably the lowest on the pecking order. Just make sure she gets food before she goes to bed!
welcome-byc.gif
from the chicken coop! We're so glad you joined!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had chickens when i was younger, we had some naked necks-turken that always scared me! As well as some laying hens. We also raised quail and phesents for while! But recently I decided I wanted to get chickens again!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We just recently recieved our first chickens.. 6.. from a local farmer
(3) What breeds do you have?
The farmer called them brown laying hens , but after some research i believe they are Golden Sex Link
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was looking for chicken coop ideas, and have been addicted since!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am a full time student, but I live at home in the country. I have a dog and two horses and work at a horse barn as well.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
-Im really excited about my new chickens and my in progress coop! Im hoping to get all the advice I need here!!

FIRST question!!!
My 6 new chickens seem quite happy, but i have noticed that one seems to be the odd lady out. She is the best looking of the group, with nice feathers and a larger body, but doesn't seem to get along with the others as well, she doesn't come running to the food like the other hens do! This morning i noticed her being chased around, is it possible she was part of another chicken 'clique' at the farm before the chickens got sold off to me ( there were at least 20 other birds at the farm from where i got my 6).
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom