sqqqsme

In the Brooder
Nov 13, 2022
I'm definitely not new to chickens. I grew up on a farm and the chickens were my responsibility as a young girl. However, insert: college, 4 children and career, now retired/running a small backyard tree and shrub nursery. I also have a decent size vegetable and flower garden. We live on a few acres. I have one gorgeous blue gray kitty. She ignores the chickens. 🤭

We got 10 chicks last April. What an adventure! We have 2 black Australorps, 2 Lavender Orpingtons, 2 Black Stars (sex links), and 4 NH Reds. Last August we were able to get a gorgeous rooster for free. He is Barred Rock and RI Red. We named him Jean-Luc Gizzárd 😂. My husband built us a gorgeous chicken coop which I have dubbed Coop DeVille.

I knew I wanted chickens, I just didn't know how much I was going to love it. I find it therapeutic, calming, and hilarious.

I don't really remember how I found Backyard Chickens. I think I was just searching online for general info about raising my chickens. I decided to join in to learn and share! I look forward to it! Thanks for having me!!

Back
Top Bottom