Hey all. My name is Heidi. and I have been a chicken aholic for for almost 6 months now. I had my last chicken fix at 8:30 AM Right now, I live in Utah and was referred here by a wonderful lady at a farmers market. I have 2 white leghorns, 5 RIR, and 5 sexlink girls (i think they are black rocks) I will attempt to to tell you a little about my herd. ****Leftovers-leghorn pullet. my first girl who I stupidly thought would turn out to be a roo. got her at 2.5 months old and all her friends which I had promptly named after KFC products were killed 3 days later by something small that got in my coup and played with them to death. Leftovers only survived because she likes to be high and found a snuggly spot in the coup to hide. p.s. this is how she got her name. she was the only one left-over after the massacre. now she is Spoiled rotten and rules the roost, pardon the pun. she never has gotten close to the other chickens; kind of a loner. ****Rey-my leghorn Roo. got him and 2 others from a school that had hatched them as a class project. they were meant to keep leftovers company since she was so lonely. we have already eaten the other 2(roadrunner, and medium rooster) because they were all fighting. and Leftovers didn't like them at all. unfortunately, aggression obviously runs in the family because Rey has started to eat people( small children are the tastiest, he says) and we are going to be sacrificing him to the orange chicken gods on thursday. I am so sad because he is really sweet 90% of the time but the other 10% he is satan. I would rather give him a great last couple of days and make sure he never ends up as a cockfighter. (condolences are appreciated) ****CasaNova-RIR roo- a lover, not a hater. he loves to snuggle and will run up to me to be held. He has never crowed but I hope he will once Rey is gone. He pretends he is a hen just to keep the peace right now. I got him and the rest from a farm supply store at the prompting of my Sister in Law who told me to get 2x as many as I wanted ( since half would die) and she would pay for them. Well, I got 10 and they all survived. ****Matilda-RIR pullet-ringleader of all bad things and mischief. loves to run away from me and never let me catch her. bad bird! ****Madeline-RIR pullet-Noisy and scared to jump down from any high place although she always perches as high as possible.(like a cat stuck in a tree afraid to get down: call the fire department) ****Winefred (Winnie)-RIR pullet- so beautiful, she is three colors: head and neck dark red, back and tail medium red, and chest and fluff strawberry blond. she likes to be admired from afar. very sweet though ****Nellie-RIR Pullet- sweet quiet soul. does not cause me any problems, but I cant find where she is laying her eggs. I think in the neighbor's field of horses maybe. ****Harley-black- beautiful, well behaved girl. she is really sweet but I think she is at the bottom of the pecking order. She is Rey's favorite girl. ****Sparkle-black- bad bird, she will randomly bite whoever is next to her so she often sleeps alone, like the cheese in the song, she is also really noisy when she wants something. ****Ryan-black- named after my physically and mentally dense brother in law(who I love very much). she just doesn't seem to get it. but she is sweet. also the biggest of my birds. If I didn't know better I would think she is a Jersey Giant. she is easily 2x the size of my red girls. ****Jasmine-black- Just Like the disney princess. that is all I will say. She is not just some prize to be won! ****Annabel-black- likes to go off on her own and hide so i don't know much about her, but she is not bad, that I know of.