Hi long time reader, first time poster

angelobutter

Songster
9 Years
Jul 27, 2010
Cornish NH
I've frequently read articles on this website, but never registered. so here i am
um lets see, I have pretty fluctuating amounts of poultry, as I share my stock with my mom, I hatch everything out here and we trade depending on who wants what for the year.
I currently have 40 hens, 6 roosters, (some mixed some pure)
about 30 cortunix quail in lots of colors,
11 ducks, mixed breeds and Pekings,
30 button quail in a rainbow of colors,
and one white chinese goose,
at my moms house I also have 12 ducks, pekings and khakis,
and around 16 geese, white chinese, brown african, toulouse and a few that are a mix.
My mom has 9 ducks, all mixed breeds of pekings, anconas, cayuga, and runner. sorry about my terrible spelling. anyways she also has toulouse and a sebastopol goose.
and i think that is it but I am sure I am missing someone... anyways
what else? I guess I raise my birds for eggs, I occasionally eat a rooster here and there, but primarily these are pets.
I don't know what else to introduce about myself so I am going to stop typing.

Wow!! You got a lot of birds and
welcome-byc.gif

Hiya! Glad to see another convert to the cult of chick! You know you're here forever when you become a part of The Word (the site).

I should probably expand on what kinds of chickens I have, I just gave numbers so I could get introduced but now that a few people have said hello I can take time to try to remember what varieties I have. (everyone is female unless I say otherwise)
I have a male and female white faced black spanish
12 black australorps (those are for my mom but are still young)
6 silver laced wyandottes
1 lakenvelder
1 egyptian fayoumi
2 cuckoo marans
1 white crested black polish
1 mottled houdan
9 meat birds (dunno what they are. mc Murray sent them as fillers... white birds lol)
1 partridge silkie... just an amazing bird
1 ga noi
some mixed breed gamefowl. mostly minor blue , kelso, and lawgrey
1 cornish red
3 white rock
4 buff Brahma/ white rock crosses (roosters)
1 buff Brahma
2 mille fleurs
and a turken (naked neck)
1 porcelain mille fleur (rooster)
and I believe everyone else is a mix of some unknown breeds. some have crests some dont and some have half a crest, like a little pony tail. some have furry feet and some are bare.

Back
Top Bottom