Hi! Moving soon and chickens are included!!

Rlroberts01

Chirping
Aug 9, 2017
When we started looking for a new house a big factor was - can I have chickens in this property? Well the house we decided to purchase not only has them already - but they have decided to leave the existing girls behind! Needless to say I am super excited!!

When I was a teenager my dad built me a small coop off the side of our shed and got me three Rhode Island reds from a friend. He even got me some fertilized eggs when one started to brood. Considering we were on an acre in a pretty ritzy neighborhood I'm pretty impressed by this Bronx boys willingness to indulge his country daughter.

I already have some ideas on how to improve the coop and living quarters but I want to be ready to take care of them when we move into the new home. Excited to peruse the articles here and remember how to care for my new flock!

When we started looking for a new house a big factor was - can I have chickens in this property? Well the house we decided to purchase not only has them already - but they have decided to leave the existing girls behind! Needless to say I am super excited!!

When I was a teenager my dad built me a small coop off the side of our shed and got me three Rhode Island reds from a friend. He even got me some fertilized eggs when one started to brood. Considering we were on an acre in a pretty ritzy neighborhood I'm pretty impressed by this Bronx boys willingness to indulge his country daughter.

I already have some ideas on how to improve the coop and living quarters but I want to be ready to take care of them when we move into the new home. Excited to peruse the articles here and remember how to care for my new flock!
Congratulations and welcome to BYC. An established flock will probably be easier to start with than newbies, so you're one step ahead. If possible, ask the previous owner all the questions you can think of-- what she or he feeds them, the birds' age, health and predator problems, etc. This site is a great resource and a lot of fun and there are lots of good people willing to help.

Congratulations on the new home and :welcome a big hi there from Mossyrock, Washington State

Congrats and welcome to BYC. I just recently moved my flock 2.5 hours away consisting of 15 chickens, 2 guineas and 13 ducks. All did very well and never even stopped laying. I was so worried about them and they did great! Good luck and if you have any ?s everyone here is so helpful and there is a wealth of knowledge among them.

Back
Top Bottom