Hi! My intro

Elly LaPerriere

Chirping
Jan 20, 2022
Hi! I'm Ellie. New to chickening and likewise joined. :) I have no chickens at the moment, planning to get them in the early springtime. Hoping to get Australorps and some Swedish Flower hens; just want to get some friendly hens and likewise, eggs. I'm kinda skittish about the whole neighbor thing but planning on keeping them in a A-Frame tractor in the corners of our property, away from prying eyes. I'm planning on getting about 4-5 hens to start off with; who knows where that'll go, though, according to chicken math.;) We live on almost an acre of land, just like .1 shy of an acre, which is awesome and pretty rare for the suburb we live in. We have an extensive garden covering almost half of the property.
I also love music, painting, writing, gardening especially, reading, hiking, biking... I won't continue, haha.
I'm the eldest child in a family of 7. Now I know that means not quite a lot of eggs per person in household per week but I need to start somewhere. The whole thing is still quite a novelty to us. We have two cats (looking for suggestions on keeping hens safe from cats, btw? ;-) ) and I work at... let us say, a fast-food restaurant famed for chicken and "My Pleasure". Ha!
I found this site by just searching random things about hens and up your forum came. I think it'll be so helpful! Can't wait to get to know y'all!
À plus tard,
Ellie

Back
Top Bottom