Hi, my name is Andi. I am just posting for the first time. I have been reading byc for quite a while but I just registered for the first time. I have

My chicks are a year old. The 5 year olds have no problem, it's the you ones. Ther is 1 one year old with all her feathers. She pecks them, but they also peck on each other. I have tried glucose, the peck stops here, vicks. I have bought aprons, and have only one who will wear one. The others. Roll over and cry when I put one on them. They are all healthy, but all have bare bottoms. I have never had this problem before.
Make sure theyvall have enough space, if they are crowded, more damage is done. Room to escape helps.

My coop is 8'x16' the enclosed roosting boxes has 5 boxes and is 8' by 8' by 8'. Ther are 4 4' roosts over the nesting boxes. 4 8' on the fenced end, and 4 10' up near the eves. They have 5 nesting boxes, but they like to be at least 2 per box, and a lot of time they get in one with one of the older girls.
Sorry I have not posted sooner. There are a lot of medical issues lately.

My coop is 8'x16' the enclosed roosting boxes has 5 boxes and is 8' by 8' by 8'. Ther are 4 4' roosts over the nesting boxes. 4 8' on the fenced end, and 4 10' up near the eves. They have 5 nesting boxes, but they like to be at least 2 per box, and a lot of time they get in one with one of the older girls.
Sorry I have not posted sooner. There are a lot of medical issues lately.
You have 17 birds? Sounds a bit tight for all your birds, the size of your space will fit 8 or 9 chickens comfortably. If they feel cramped, they will turn on each other.

Back
Top Bottom