Hi my name is Danielle

Just2chickens

Chirping
Aug 23, 2023
Germany
I'm from the Netherlands, but moved to Germany. In 2017 we ( my husband) got 4 chickens, 1 maran,1easteregger ( both 2 months old)and 2 isabrowns (both about 5 months old and laying)... didn't know a thing... one thing I encounterd the next day is that the agedifference was a real problem... The little ones were almost butchered by the bigg ones, we didn't have a second coop and we desided to return the little ones, the seller got a good deal, we didn't asked for our money back and he got 2 expensive young pullets... Anyway....there's where I started too lurk on backyardchickens.com... Since then I've had a very sick chicken, EYP, ascites, the whole egg-laying-like-a-factory problem... But I managed to keep her alive and most of the time well for another 6 months... I've also had rats in the run, new chickens to integrate, bumblefoot, how too choose the best chicken to keep my white leghorn company , how to move 600km with chickens, how too make a raccoon and fox proof run... solved all that too thanks too this site.
Now I wanted to join because I have questions about aging chickens... So maybe I post them when I'm in need... And maybe with some of my experiences I can help too....

Back
Top Bottom