Hi my name is Jessica from Central California

PachecoPeeps

Songster
Mar 2, 2018
Newman, CA
I am a longtime lurker on Backyard Chickens and have finally decided to join the fun. I have had backyard chickens for about 4 years now. My BFs dad has had chickens for a very long time and that is what inspired me to want my own. I live in Newman, CA and can officially call myself a crazy chicken lady. I teach history at a high school and am constantly bringing eggs to give other teachers :lol:

Currently we have 5 full grown chickens, 2 Buff Orpingtons (Big Mama & Jailbird), 1 Easter Egger (Phoenix), and 2 Oliver Eggers (Olive & Rocky). We also just got a shipment of baby chicks from Hoover's Hatchery which included 17 Sapphire Gems and 3 hatchery rare breeds, which appear to be Cuckoo Marans. We are raising most of these chicks for other people and will only be keeping a few.

I am very excited to be joining this community and am looking forward to contributing to it.

Last edited:
I am a longtime lurker on Backyard Chickens and have finally decided to join the fun. I have had backyard chickens for about 4 years now. My BFs dad has had chickens for a very long time and that is what inspired me to want my own. I live in Newman, CA and can officially call myself a crazy chicken lady. I teach history at a high school and am constantly bringing eggs to give other teachers :lol:

Currently we have 5 full grown chickens, 2 Buff Orpingtons (Big Mama & Jailbird), 1 Easter Egger (Phoenix), and 2 Oliver Eggers (Olive & Rocky). We also just got a shipment of baby chicks from Hoover's Hatchery which included 17 Sapphire Gems and 3 hatchery rare breeds, which appear to be Cuckoo Marans. We are raising most of these chicks for other people and will only be keeping a few.

I am very excited to be joining this community and am looking forward to contributing to it.

Good morning Jessica Welcome to Backyard Chicken hope you as happy here as we all are

:welcome:woot tell me how you like the saphfire gems! i almost ordered some.
They are only a couple of days old right now so they are of course the cutest. I am really curious to see how they feather out because there is a lot of varition in their color. Some are super light almost like a lavender Orpington and others are more of a dark grey.

Welcome Wagon.gif
Welcome to backyard Chickens!

You will have a lot of eggs to give away soon

Back
Top Bottom