Hi, my name is Marye and I'm a chickenaholic

Hi Marye, I'm a chickenholic. What started out as 10 chicks has turned into 51 chickens, 2 coops and a job working with chickens and their owners. Can you say addiction? Bad part you say? My hubby is just as bad. There is no help, just more enablers. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote:
Jackie, How could you? I'm trying to cut back and here you are feeding my addiction! SHAME ON YOU!

Can we come see them when they hatch?
wink.png

Hi, and welcome. I too am a chicken addict. I'm am hijacking my son's science project as a way to get more chickens. It's for school (yah, yah, hatching eggs is educational), so dh isn't vetoing it, but my son and I know it is just to get more chickens. Big ones, little one, fluffy ones, black ones, buff ones, more more more MORE

Quote:
That's exactly what I meant! We stood around it yesterday as the peeps foraged. It's a big wooden swingset and we discussed how to wire the sides, where the door would go...
I've seen some pics on this site of someone who did that and thought it was cool. DH agrees, but hasn't realized this is part of my plot to hatch out some chicks in the spring.
jumpy.gif

He has already frowned on the idea of more chickens, poor silly man. And here he is contemplating building me a bigger, better coop. With the current tractor saved for "isolation confinement of ill or injured birds.' He's not dumb. He complained about getting this first 6 (+1) birds, and now he loves them. He says no more birds but is planing a new coop? His way of saying, "I know they're coming, I know I'll love them, but I'm not giving permission incase this goes to he!! in a handbasket."

Oh yes Mary you can come. I received 4 BOXES OF EGGS in the mai today!!! DH is in shock! One box were a mix of marans (cuckoo, blue, sliver, silver salmon) plus I already had the Pencedense in the bator.

I will email you when they are hatching.

jackie

they are just so darn easy to own and love and they listen when you talk (or is that just me??) and they come in so many colors and shapes and they are all so beautiful and they chase rodents away plus they give you eggs!!!

The list of wonderful chicken characteristics is just simply endless...

That really didnt help did it??

Here are the newest members. Seven are ours and the other 7 are a friends.

PS Jackie, I've already started dropping hints to my DH. I told him that I wanted to take the kids to see when the eggs start hatching. LOL! He actually believed me.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom