Hi! New chicken/chick mommy In CA

fnwolffie

Songster
8 Years
Apr 15, 2015
Temecula, ca
Hi! I'm located in Southern California. I just purchased 3 Rhode Island Red hens (4-6months old) about 3 weeks ago. I want fresh organic eggs for my family. Still haven't gotten any eggs, patiently waiting lol. Also want my kids to learn about where stuff comes from and how to make/grow your own food.
Chickens are housed in a 5x10x10 kennel with 3 homemade nesting boxes, and sand from our sand wash as the floor. They r fed organic layer pellets and anything from the garden oh and lots of mealworms. Wanting to build a nice large coop with double the run size by fall. We don't get much rain here so I have a while.
I also purchased 5 chicks a week ago 1 barred rock, 2 ameraucanas, 1 silkie bantam, 1 gold laced cochin bantam. All of them are in an awesome brooder box i borrowed from my in laws. All on organic starter chick feed. Soooo cute and funny.
I've been reading constantly for the last 3 weeks trying to find any and all info I could be missing. Love this website and thankful for all the great info.

Back
Top Bottom