Hi New Chicken Lady Here

starsleeve

Hatching
Nov 1, 2015
Pensacola Florida
Hi everybody
Just wanted to introduce myself

My name is Jenn and I live in Pensacola Fl
I have 10 chickens (this is my first time with chickens) and I got them in April 2015
I have 2 BO, 2 RIR, 2 SLW, 2 EE, 2 Blk Astralorps
My husband and I built them a coop/run. coop is 4x8 and the run is 10x8. My mom calls it the chicken palace
I also have 3 dogs and 5 kiddos

I look forward to talking to you guys.

Hi everybody
Just wanted to introduce myself

My name is Jenn and I live in Pensacola Fl
I have 10 chickens (this is my first time with chickens) and I got them in April 2015
I have 2 BO, 2 RIR, 2 SLW, 2 EE, 2 Blk Astralorps
My husband and I built them a coop/run. coop is 4x8 and the run is 10x8. My mom calls it the chicken palace
I also have 3 dogs and 5 kiddos

I look forward to talking to you guys.

Welcome to BYC. I'm Dan from Wisconsin. I'm not sure how many chickens I have, but it's a small flock; serama, Japanese, and silkie bantams. My birds live in a heated garage room. 2 dogs, 2 chinchillas, 3 conures, ????zebra finches, and more. Children have either passed or are grown.

Hi Dan. Nice to meet you
1f60a.png
1f414.png

Rule of thumb is to allow 4-5 sq. feet per bird in the coop (excluding nest boxes and roosts) and 10 sq.feet per bird in the outdoor run. Over crowded chickens act out by feather plucking, bullying and at extreme, cannibalism.

Rule of thumb is to allow 4-5 sq. feet per bird in the coop (excluding nest boxes and roosts) and 10 sq.feet per bird in the outdoor run. Over crowded chickens act out by feather plucking, bullying and at extreme, cannibalism.

I think this one is big enough for 10 little hens. This is just before it was finished. 8)

Back
Top Bottom