Hi. New here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by taylors729, Dec 18, 2016.

1. taylors729

taylors729 New Egg

Dec 18, 2016
    Hi my wife and I just got 5 black sexlink 1 year old. We bought a coop from tsc and so far we have gotten 1 egg. We are from tenn... it's around 20-30 degrees. We have had them since Tuesday and only got 1 egg. I just put a light in there.. any help or comments or help is appreciated

Thanks for letting us join [​IMG][/IMG]

2. ChickenGrass

ChickenGrass Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    :welcome.
    Hello from Ireland.
    I am glad you joined the flock!
    Goodluck,
    Fionn.

1 person likes this.
  3. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, and I am sure you will enjoy it here! Please make yourself at home! :frow

1 person likes this.
  4. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Actually, those birds appear to be Black Australorps. Black Sex Links will have a collar of red on their hackle and breast.

1 person likes this.
  5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under taylors729 [​IMG] Welcome!

Congratulations on your new feathered family and that always special first egg.

You might want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

If you just got the birds, they may still be adjusting to their new surroundings and it will take a while for them to settle in. Change isn't easy for chickens, just give them some time. It does appear that you have BA's as QueenMisha said (maybe it's the photo?) but those are a very popular breed and they should be good layers given time.

Good luck to you!

1 person likes this.
  7. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I am glad you joined us! Yes, you have 5 beautiful Black Australorp hens! I hope you enjoy BYC, best wishes!

1 person likes this.
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Black Australorps are a very good breed and excellent layers. Welcome to BYC

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by