Hi! New member here

MinervaTheHen

Chirping
Sep 30, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I grew up around chickens. I always had a pet chicken in my shoulder growing up, and I think I spent most of the year waiting impatiently for spring so we could get more chicks. I loved chickens for a long time, but I only started keeping chickens on my own four years ago. I know some things but I definitely still need to learn!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now I have a flock of seven. They all have names and sassy personalities. I claim not to have favorites, but the elderly queen of the flock, Minerva, has a special place in my heart.
(3) What breeds do you have?
So far I have 1 buff Orpington, 1 barred rock, 1 black Australorp, 1 white rock, 1 speckled Sussex, 1 porcelain d’uccle, and Minerva, who I’m not quite sure about. My best guess is that she’s a partridge rock.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Obviously the adorable fluffy chickens.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I used to show in low level dressage, but nowadays I just ride my horse and leave the showing for the professionals. I spend most of my time on the menagerie of pets I seem to have.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I come from a family of chicken keepers. My other pets include a wayward duck, a couple of parakeets, a very stubborn mule, one silly crossbred gelding, and my grumpy retired mare.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Every time I have had a chicken emergency a BYC thread seems to have the perfect answer, so when my Australorp hen started acting strangely I decided it was finally time to join the chicken people! I don’t think I’ll regret it.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I grew up around chickens. I always had a pet chicken in my shoulder growing up, and I think I spent most of the year waiting impatiently for spring so we could get more chicks. I loved chickens for a long time, but I only started keeping chickens on my own four years ago. I know some things but I definitely still need to learn!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now I have a flock of seven. They all have names and sassy personalities. I claim not to have favorites, but the elderly queen of the flock, Minerva, has a special place in my heart.
(3) What breeds do you have?
So far I have 1 buff Orpington, 1 barred rock, 1 black Australorp, 1 white rock, 1 speckled Sussex, 1 porcelain d’uccle, and Minerva, who I’m not quite sure about. My best guess is that she’s a partridge rock.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Obviously the adorable fluffy chickens.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I used to show in low level dressage, but nowadays I just ride my horse and leave the showing for the professionals. I spend most of my time on the menagerie of pets I seem to have.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I come from a family of chicken keepers. My other pets include a wayward duck, a couple of parakeets, a very stubborn mule, one silly crossbred gelding, and my grumpy retired mare.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Every time I have had a chicken emergency a BYC thread seems to have the perfect answer, so when my Australorp hen started acting strangely I decided it was finally time to join the chicken people! I don’t think I’ll regret it.
Welcome to BYC!! :D

Back
Top Bottom