Hi! New member intro!

Maddamduck

In the Brooder
May 16, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No, i've had many in the past.
Breeds: buff orpington, rhode island red, silky, speckled sussex bantam, lavender game bird bantam, red sexlink, Easter egger. Grew up with white leghorns and rhode Island reds. Been around them my whole life.
Duck breeds: Pekin, Cayuga (first time with this breed) and Mallards.
My grandparents had an evil goose when i was a little little kid too.
It was an abnormally large canadian goose. In reality it was probably normal but i was 4 and tiny and it was trying to maul me 🤣😂

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
unfortunately none. That are mine. I am raising ducks with a friend since i cant keep them where i am. Once they are fully feathered they will move to a big farm. Her flock is 6 hens and a rooster.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Cayuga and Crested Cayuga that are mine.
the flock they will join is
2 r.i.r hens
1 r.i.r. cross breed hen (mystery bird)
2 Cuckoo Marans hens
1 Easter Egger hen
Barred rock rooster

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

they are fun pets and they also poop breakfast (sorry i have an odd sense of humor)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, crafting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

6 cayuga ducklings, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 7 koi, one pleco, one betta.
3 tiny humans ages 6&4 (4yos are identical twin boys)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

i actually had an account 4 ish years ago but cant remember the name and ive since changed the email. I stopped posting when i had to get rid of my flock due to moving into town. So now im back! Yay!

Back
Top Bottom