1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi New site memebr ! Cant wait to get to know know everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ckerr, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Ckerr

Ckerr New Egg

Apr 24, 2016
    I have always wanted my own chickens and the kids finally grew out of the playhouse/fort so now I can transform it !!! I'm so excited and thought I'd join this forum for not only reading and learning from older posts but to have a community in which to ask questions and shares ideas. I'm in Georgia,USA name is Christy Nice to meet y'all in advance [​IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Christy

Glad you could join the flock! There are some good plans in the coop section on forts, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coop_Designs
    I'm sure you will enjoy this new chicken adventure very much. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! Chickens are so much fun and I wish you the the best with your chickie adventures!

1 person likes this.
  4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning! Along with the link to the coop pages that Yorkshire Coop left for you, have you seen our Learning Center yet? Lots of helpful articles on all the aspects of keeping your new flock... https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

So pull up a roost bar and enjoy!!

Welcome to our flock!! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Ckerr

Ckerr New Egg

Apr 24, 2016
    Thank Y'all so much!! yes I have been glued to the computer and app reading stuff on here and looking at pictures thanks for the links I'm gonna go check those out now

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Christy, very nice to meet you. I'm not sure meeting all of us is doable - BYC now has over 400,000 members around the globe [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Ckerr

Ckerr New Egg

Apr 24, 2016
    goodness gracious that's a large community !! [​IMG]

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by