Hi - New to U

NLadybug

Chirping
11 Years
Hi there! I just found this web site yesterday, as I have gotten back into chicken farming again after 3 years. I thought I'd answer the official questions:

Here is a sample template you can copy and paste into your post to help the introduction juices flow:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got my first chickens back in 1981 when I inherited (Today they call it re-homing) a small flock with all the extras; feeder, waterer, nesting boxes -which were all ancient then. I've had chickens since then until 3 years ago, when they were all killed by ??; and since I wasn't feeling well enough to haul water, we haven't replaced them until this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have just inherited 14 chickens 2 days ago, so now here we go again! We now have 6 hens and a rooster, and 7 baby hatchlings (straight run), about 7 weeks old, I think.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Hens: 2 white cochins, 2 red (not sure which kind), 1 barred rock and what I think is a Delaware; and a red rooster, could be a RIR. The babies are mixed breed: The Delaware is the mother and the red rooster the father.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
From a link from another site

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Stained glass! gardening & painting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I live out on the high plains of CO, SE of Denver. We have the cutest dog anywhere; a Sheltie named Duncan. We'd like to get a female too, but needs to be just right. Right now, I say that I am retired, but I have actually begun a small stained glass business.

So glad to have chickens again! And just got my first egg today.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom