Hi, Newbie here!

paellisinOKLA

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2020
My wife and I retired to the little piece of land we bought in the country and are loving life in the boonies! We have been big veggie gardeners previously but are both new to 'chicken raising' with the decision to add a small flock this year. I built our first coop/run and with it's completion we have added a brooding box in our breakfast nook. Our flock currently consists of a mixed flock of Easter Eggers, Orpingtons, Wyandottes and Rhode Island Reds. We bought chicks from a local breeder, and have been delighted with them so far; they are amazing little creatures and definitely have personality even after two weeks. We have been reading everything we can get our hands on and welcome any and all advice.

My wife and I retired to the little piece of land we bought in the country and are loving life in the boonies! We have been big veggie gardeners previously but are both new to 'chicken raising' with the decision to add a small flock this year. I built our first coop/run and with it's completion we have added a brooding box in our breakfast nook. Our flock currently consists of a mixed flock of Easter Eggers, Orpingtons, Wyandottes and Rhode Island Reds. We bought chicks from a local breeder, and have been delighted with them so far; they are amazing little creatures and definitely have personality even after two weeks. We have been reading everything we can get our hands on and welcome any and all advice.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom