Hi Newby here.... needs helllllllllllllllp

roxyq

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
hi all...
need some help... well kinda a lot of help.
I am on my very first batch of bantam chick,,, I had 4 beige & 4 blue, all were doing very well.. well up until last night..
We had a temp spike of 120 just after id put them into lockdown.... im soooo gutted!
The temp spike lasted around an hour before i checked it,,,, I have candled them today... I know i should'nt have done so really but I had to. I can only see movement in 2 eggs.......is it time to cry?
roxy

Greetings from Kansas, roxq, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! I'm a novice incubator/hatcher so I'm not the one to ask. Post in the link below for some expert advice! Hope they are all okay!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

welcome-byc.gif
your heat spike was only an hour or so(?) some may survive, how far along are the eggs/ I wouldn't toss any yet unless you see signs(leaking) or smells(horrible) from any of the eggs. You really have to be vigilant that it doesn't happen again. I believe some people up an alarm to warn of too hot or too cold temp. range. That's only useful if someone is around to hear it.

hiya,
The spike was on day 18 just as they were put into lock down..... Im kinda afraid they been nooked...
barnie.gif
as only 2 were moving on day 19. I wouldnt normally check them but my nerves gor the better of me.

any hints r welcomed.

r

hey Redsox & Mk farms.... and everyone else for that matter... thanks for the warm welcome..
frow.gif

It is nervewracking I know! The best you can do is continue your lockdown as normal, I would not open it again to look at them sgain. Chances are you will have some who survived it! I also had a pretty high spike during an overnight on a lockdown, and all of them survived. I hope you get lucky as well!! Let us know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom