1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi There Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MarissaC, Dec 12, 2011.

1. MarissaC

MarissaC Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2011
    Near Waco, TX
    My name is Marissa and I live by Waco, TX. Just moved to Texas about two months ago (from Montana) with my husband and so far I like it. I'm a fine art photographer...but alas, who isn't nowadays? I've been in a couple of galleries around the nation, been in a couple magazines, hopefully that will all pick up soon! I'm also a video game developer (sort of). I turn 21 on December 17, but I'm straight edge (no tobacco, no alcohol), sooo...21 isn't a big deal. My husband is an evangelist and does business development for a video game company (it's pretty cool).

Onto the good stuff!
    I have quite a few chickens. My favorites are my silkies, Icelandics (just recently got those, yay), and...probably the Silver Laced Wyandottes. I had a really sweet White Crested Black Polish (would follow me around, jump in my lap, all that jazz), but he just recently passed away. My first two chickens were Araucanas (excuse my spelling) named Waldo (hen) and Spot (rooster). I just hatched my first chick (from artificial incubation) a few days ago. It was pretty exciting! I'm hoping to start going to poultry shows soon. I don't know if I want to compete, but I'm very interested in the show itself.

I have four pygmy goats. They're not pure, but I love them anyways. I have quite a few peafowl (pieds, Indian Blues, and whites), pheasants (Alaskan Snow and Ringneck), and one pig.

I thought I'd join this forum since I lurk a lot. I try to talk to locals about critters, but they seem to not want to keep talking after I'm done buying birds from them [​IMG] Hopefully I'll get some good advice and make a few friends on here.

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hello Marissa , from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello Marissa, and welcome to BYC from Ohio! Glad you've joined!

Happy Holidays,
    Sharon

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi Marissa, welcome to BY from northern Michigan [​IMG]

5. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from North MS!!! So glad you joined!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Joining is so much more fun than lurking, such great people on here with great advise and info!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far!!

6. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Welcome from West Michigan! So happy to have you here! [​IMG]

7. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Welcome from Tampa, FLA

8. MarissaC

MarissaC Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2011
    Near Waco, TX
    Quote:So jealous! My husband is a huge Buccaneers fan.

9. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hello Marissa! [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!

10. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by