Hi there from a new member all the way down here in New Zealand

Well I just got another lot that arrived last night. The other half spent some time in the garage building a new and improved nesting box and the girls went in eagerly when they saw the new batch of eggs. I was a bit nervous about getting more eggs as thought the girls may get off the nest but as they have been sitting with no sign of getting of I decided to give it another go.
I have got a mix of Australorp and Langshan eggs so fingers crossed I have more luck this time around.
On the advice of those that I have been picking their brains the general opinion seems to be that the humidity level wasn't right and the shells were possibly too hard and they just were too exhausted to survive after breaking out.
I did use a spray bottle to spray the girls underbellies in the week before they were due to hatch but have been told to now do this after the first week.
Hopefully this will do the trick!
How are your chicks settling in? So when are your eggs due to hatch?

My love affair came with the movie The Piano which is old, old now. Someday I will come there! I can't wait to see and learn and discover. I won't come for just a couple days either, it will be an extended holiday of 14 to 21 days or more.
Then you definitely have to come visit! Your dollar is really good down here and there are so many amazing places to see that you really don't have to spend lots on. If you love tramping and the bush then you will love the many walks and trails that we have all over the country. Just don't come till February onwards as January can have really unsettled weather.
So how did you first hear about NZ?
I definitely want to visit the States but unfortunately $$$ is the only thing stopping us. My partner has family over in Nevada and has been over there a few times and just loves it.
I have always wanted to go as well so it will definitely be the first country I go to when we do start travelling!
Your country is so much older than ours and has much more history and some pretty amazing countryside and landmarks!!!

Back
Top Bottom