Hi There from a TX Newbie!

Cage Free Mom

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
Bridge City, TX
Hi everyone! I finally joined BYC tonight. I've been reading articles and posts from the site for at least a year now while we prepped for the idea of getting chickens, and tonight, since we are officially chicken-owners now, I decided to join :)

We just bought 6 baby chicks from a local farm store (mixed) and we're supposed to get a few freebies from a friend in a few weeks-they're in the incubator now. We live in town-although a small town-on .5 acre, so I think our flock won't get much bigger, but I'm still excited to get started on this journey and learn more from everyone here. Hope to get to "know" everyone soon!

Hi everyone! I finally joined BYC tonight. I've been reading articles and posts from the site for at least a year now while we prepped for the idea of getting chickens, and tonight, since we are officially chicken-owners now, I decided to join :)

We just bought 6 baby chicks from a local farm store (mixed) and we're supposed to get a few freebies from a friend in a few weeks-they're in the incubator now. We live in town-although a small town-on .5 acre, so I think our flock won't get much bigger, but I'm still excited to get started on this journey and learn more from everyone here. Hope to get to "know" everyone soon!
Welcome Cage Free Mom! We too have a small flock for our first time. My husband was reluctant at first but now he's warmed up to the idea and joins me when I visit the henhouse to check on my girls. Have fun!

welcome-byc.gif

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Getting new baby chicks is so exciting. Yay for you!

Would love to see some pics when you are able to post some.

Back
Top Bottom