Hi there from Northern CA

ScarletSun

Chirping
Apr 11, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I grew up with chickens - mostly Plymouth Barred Rocks and a few Bantams but haven't had chickens for 20 years. Going back to my roots and living the chicken life again!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

We got our chicks from Alchemist Farm in Sonoma County.
3 - Azure Eggers (females);
2 FBCM (split run);
2 - German Bielefelders (females);
2 - Olive Eggers, black (splot run); and
2 - Olive Eggers, blue (split run).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love spending time with them. It's so relaxing to watch them look for bugs and interact with each other and it's a lot of fun to play with them. They bring a light hearted energy to our space.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I have a large cut flower garden and have recently dipped my toe into the rose gardening world. Rosarians have boards similar to this one and I can see myself getting sucked in haha! I do event flowers and grow most of my own product so I hope I can justify the time and energy I put into growing flowers. I also love backpacking, cooking, painting, and relaxing with a fancy cocktail or glass of wine.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I don't have children so we probably treat our animals (including the chickens) like our kids maybe more than most. We have an indoor only 14 year old cat named Charlee and 2 ferral mouser kitties, that live in harmony with the chickens, named Buster and Puff.
I work in public affairs and my husband works for a water utility. Our work keeps us busy and on our toes so we really enjoy our down time with the fur balls and feathered friends. We're looking forward to learning from others on this board. So far it's been a wealth of information. Thank you!!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Back
Top Bottom