Hi There, Hello, Nice to See You!

AlabamaMama

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2023
Hey there from North Alabama!

I’m privileged to finally be part of the chicken life! We have a sweet little acre that we hope to use to its fullest potential, and having chickens is a huge part of that!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I’m new to owning chickens, but not new to taking care of them. I have a dear friend in Arizona who had a small flock and she taught me many of the ins and outs of caring for my birds.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have three, with six more on the way. Chicken Math!

(3) What breeds do you have?

Our current hens are Red Stars. We have three Polish and three Bielefelders that we are picking up this weekend.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Honestly, the entertainment! Ironically, I can’t eat eggs because of an allergy. I’m fact, out of our family of 4, only my husband can eat eggs! :barnie I love watching our girls, though. They are so funny and dramatic!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I am interested in homesteading, self-sufficiency, cooking, baking, Bible study and painting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have two beautiful kids and a wonderful husband. In addition to our chickens, we have a rescued Doddle dog, two cats, a king snake, and a tank of fish. My daughter’s about to buy another snake so we’ll be adding to our family!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I found BYC when looking up how to help a hen who is currently ill. I think she has coccidiosis based upon her symptoms. When I looked up the proper dosage for her medication, so found a lot of help here on this site. I started exploring and realized I would love to be part of the community!

Thanks for having me!

Hey there from North Alabama!

I’m privileged to finally be part of the chicken life! We have a sweet little acre that we hope to use to its fullest potential, and having chickens is a huge part of that!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I’m new to owning chickens, but not new to taking care of them. I have a dear friend in Arizona who had a small flock and she taught me many of the ins and outs of caring for my birds.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have three, with six more on the way. Chicken Math!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Our current hens are Red Stars. We have three Polish and three Bielefelders that we are picking up this weekend.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Honestly, the entertainment! Ironically, I can’t eat eggs because of an allergy. I’m fact, out of our family of 4, only my husband can eat eggs! :barnie I love watching our girls, though. They are so funny and dramatic!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am interested in homesteading, self-sufficiency, cooking, baking, Bible study and painting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have two beautiful kids and a wonderful husband. In addition to our chickens, we have a rescued Doddle dog, two cats, a king snake, and a tank of fish. My daughter’s about to buy another snake so we’ll be adding to our family!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found BYC when looking up how to help a hen who is currently ill. I think she has coccidiosis based upon her symptoms. When I looked up the proper dosage for her medication, so found a lot of help here on this site. I started exploring and realized I would love to be part of the community!

Thanks for having me!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom