Hi there.... How small is a Bantam duck?

Quote:
Well I am not sure about breeds.
I just found some bantam duck eggs on ebay.

and wanted to know how small are they

I used to raise chickens and there are bantam breeds that resamble the standar size but way smaller

If they are listed as just bantam, I would not bid on them. Easier to set, hatch and care for hatchlings if you know the breed, or mix if they are mixed breed.

x2 I would not buy them if it just says " bantams" that is not a breed, that is a class. Call ducks, east indies, mallards, mandrins, ect are all bantams. They could be mixes also. I do not reccomend buying any hatching eggs from ebay. Bantams are anywhere from 1-4 pounds in weight and the biggest are mallards, i think the smallest domestic bantams are either calls or east indies. If you want hatching eggs i'd get them from a certified breeder or a hatchery like meyers or murry mCmurry hatchery.

Quote:
If they are listed as just bantam, I would not bid on them. Easier to set, hatch and care for hatchlings if you know the breed, or mix if they are mixed breed.

x2 I would not buy them if it just says " bantams" that is not a breed, that is a class. Call ducks, east indies, mallards, mandrins, ect are all bantams. They could be mixes also. I do not reccomend buying any hatching eggs from ebay. Bantams are anywhere from 1-4 pounds in weight and the biggest are mallards, i think the smallest domestic bantams are either calls or east indies. If you want hatching eggs i'd get them from a certified breeder or a hatchery like meyers or murry mCmurry hatchery.

I agree and disagree about eBay. There are bad sellers, and then there are good sellers too. Some breeders on here also have eggs listed on eBay. You just have to read, ask questions, ask for multiple new photos of breeding stock, ect. These are things you should be doing any ways. I have two new breeding sets of calls with a third about to ship. They are blue, blue pied and grey pied. I have grey, and whites also and lots of eggs set in my hatching house/brooder house.

Back
Top Bottom