Hi there!

Takaiu

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2020
Hey everyone, I'm not super great at these so I'll just stick to the suggested questions. I'm super excited to explore the site and get to know other keepers, though!

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am very new! I don't have any chickens yet, though I plan to start a flock once I move further out of the city in a couple years. Right now though, I have one button quail chick, and a small batch of button eggs in the incubator. They're my first birds, and I am so excited to raise them.

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I've barely started so I have a lot to experience yet, but so far I am absolutely in love with having a tiny cute bird in my home. I'm looking forward to getting eggs and such, but mostly I'm enjoying watching these little guys go about their business. They are so inquisitive and personable, I love them.

What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm a fairly creative person and enjoy participating in and also experiencing all types of art, including writing/reading, painting, digital media, and crafts such as metal stamping, cross stitching, and soap making. I enjoy working with plants and love to build naturalistic enclosures for my exotic pets (snakes, spiders, and now birds!). I am also into cars and racing - a few years ago I raced at my local asphalt short track, but sold my car when I moved out of state. I'm hoping to start working on a new one soon, to race at one of the tracks nearby :)

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am 25 and currently live with my boyfriend and 2 dogs, 1 cat, 15 snakes, 13 tarantulas, a few fish, and my button(s). I fund my collection by working as a salesperson for a glass manufacturer: we design and fabricate glass for contractors to use for shower enclosures.

I am very passionate about animal care and am looking forward to beginning this new venture with my birds, as well as meeting everyone! :)

Welcome to BYC! There is so much to see, do, and learn here! :welcome
15 snakes? That sounds so interesting. I have one snake, a coral glow ball python.

Attachments

• IMG_3875.JPG
    IMG_3875.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks all!

8 of my snakes are ball pythons of varying morphs. I'm planning on breeding some of them once they get up to size. I also have a pair of rainbow boas, a trio of bredl pythons, a russian ratsnake, and a common boa. They are all a lot of fun to keep, and have been my main hobby/interest for 8 years.

The fish are mostly my bf's project. He has angelfish, white and black skirt tetras, neon tetras, guppies, platys, and I also have a colony of blue cherry shrimp in the main tank.

Back
Top Bottom