hi there!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chicklet363, Jun 22, 2011.

1. chicklet363

chicklet363 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    hi all!!! im new to the backyard farming scene. my boyfriend and i started with a couple of rhode island reds for eggs in april and have since grown to 15 total...standards, bantums, and chicks. We now have wyndottes, americaunas, barred rocks, and some others that I don't remember the breeds of. [​IMG] I should mention that all of our birds have names and our kids love to hold and play with them. [​IMG] We live in the Shenandoah Valley in Va. My boyfriend has built our chicken coop and bantum house for the not-chicks-any-more birds. Our chicks are residing in the living room right now. I'm a city girl and NEVER could have imagined myself having so much fun with chickens! I'm a teacher and, therefore, I'm off in the summer. I have to admit I'm loving watching the baby chicks grow and change each day! I'm so glad I get to be home with them every day!

Thank you for this forum! I have already found answers to questions I've had and they've been very helpful. I look forward to spending more time reading the threads.

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] from NW PA!

3. S.L.Swope

S.L.Swope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    San Antonio
    Welcome!!!! [​IMG]

4. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Hi, from Minnesota.

7. discoveregg

discoveregg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome from Northern California!

8. chicklet363

chicklet363 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!!! @cats critters...i graduated from clarion university! [​IMG]

9. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    [​IMG] Hi, chicklet. Welcome from Australia!
    This site is a wonderful place. I've met so many good people on here and learned many awesome things... and not just about chickens either! [​IMG]

15, all with names?! Wow, I think I'd have a hard time with maybe 7 or 8! I've got 4, so it's easy enough. My memory's going on me, and I'm still in my teens... ask any of my pals, they'll tell you I sometimes ask them the same question maybe three times in a week. Exactly the same question. [​IMG]

I live smack bang in the middle of the city as well. I never imagined my family keeping chooks and having a massive veggie patch round the back... just didn't associate that kind of thing with the city, but I think it's great [​IMG]

10. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by