Hi there

rrhood

Hatching
May 8, 2015
just wanted to say hi. I have raised chickens in the past and am related to chicken farmers, but I just recently bought my first chickens. I have been patiently waiting for years for laws to change and have signed many petitions but still they have not. I figured that I may live my whole life and never legally be able to keep them so I have taken a chance while my kids are young enough to enjoy them as I did as a kid. Looking for support from like minded people. Thanks.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congrats on your chickens :celebrate How exciting for you and your children to be starting this chicken journey. There are certainly people who keep chickens as pets in their homes. Typing in "House chickens" into the search at the top of this thread should bring you up some threads on it. In the meantime have you checked out the chicken laws section of the forum? Here is the link > https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-amp-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chickens in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.
Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

The thread is called People with House chickens. My friend has 5 bantams in her small home: 3 silkies and 2 seramas. I noticed a thread for People with house ducks.

I think this is all because of the strict regulations that limit the no. of chickens, or won't allow any.

welcome-byc.gif
So glad you have joined us. Congrats on your new flock.

I find it really ironic that cities don't have strong enough ordinances about dogs or raising dogs, but won't allow sweet little chickens
he.gif

Hope you can manage to keep them under the radar. Since you have experience, you already know they are not always quiet….but always much nicer to hear than a pen filled with barking dogs.

Search" Stealth Coop" under the forums, there are quite a number of folks in your situation and several show their examples of creative ideas for camouflaging coops.

Wishing you good luck in your new adventure.

Back
Top Bottom