Hi to everyone out there....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by UrbanGirls, Jul 7, 2010.

1. UrbanGirls

UrbanGirls Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2010
    Just started raising chickens which are now 11 weeks old. 3 are all yellow and 3 are almost totally black with maybe a white feather or so.
    My question is: I have one of the yellow ones acting very strange - she hides in the nesting box - then runs out and runs around the coop squawking and running in to everyone else. then she runs back in the coop. From what I could gleam online I have separated her into a separate smaller coop keeping it so she can see the others and they can see her. Am I doing this right?? She is the biggest of all and just starting to get red around the comb......so happy I found you guys!!![​IMG]
  2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009

You'll get a better response to your question if you post it in the "managing your flock" forum. THe people there will help you out better than I can [​IMG]
  3. loverOFchickens

loverOFchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009

That is really weird behavior-especially for that young of a hen. Someone on here will probably know tho that's the beauty of having a HUGE amount of people. I agree with Laree you will probably get more responses to your question on another thread. Have fun on here! [​IMG]
  4. UrbanGirls

UrbanGirls Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2010
    Thanks guys - will do!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by