hi to everyone

PatriciafromCO

Songster
5 Years
Aug 17, 2016
hey, been a Barred Rock gal for 16 years love them.... decided to try some new breeds this year and it's been fun New Hampshire Reds and Welsummers NHR's are still young but very sweet, my Welsummers are still babies but have stolen my heart.. Received a free chick in my order , forgot to click the box to decline lol... Have no idea what breed it is so hopefully I can find some identification here with yall. Sweet and smart little chick.. overly friendly from day one to seek me out when they hear me come into the barn. Old enough to jump out of the baby tank but will come running when they know I've entered the barn and today flew into my arms as i was bending down to pick them up to put back with the other babies.. Won my heart for sure to want to know who this little one is.....

Look forward to meeting everyone and learning about your birds..

Hi and welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Greetings from Kansas, Patricia, and :welcome. Happy you joined us! I just happen to be getting a chick shipment tomorrow and among the group will be a couple NHRs. Hope they are sweet! Best of luck to you!

Wasn't sure if I could post pictures in the introduction section.

pure white on arrival with light black/grey shading around the eyes. still pure white but the shading has faded away

Thanks for the greetings. redsoxs I hope you enjoy your NHR's too.. vert friendly in the baby tank, I start hand feeding before I put their food bowls down and were very quick to learn their group name to come when called now that they out of the baby tank.. The welsummers they just happy to see you from day one never experienced a chick give so much focused attention before lol..

Oh and ,She has decided her name is Gloria. She is always out and about, and must be doing and seeing everything that I am doing lol lol ... I was up on a tub trying to adjust a heat lamp and she was trying her best to fly up to where I was.. work clothes are a hoodie and she loves to find a nice spot in the hoodie and tag along.. "she's a free spirit"

Back
Top Bottom