Hi, We're the Fitzpatricks

OhCluck

In the Brooder
May 22, 2020
Callands, VA
Hello Everyone

My name is Jody, and my wife is Mikayla. We are the Fitzpatricks! Fitz Fam.

I started my chicken-raising journey after I married my wife. But she has been loving the chicken raising life, long before me.

When we got married we had some changes that prevented us from keeping a flock, but things slowly changed and we took a trip to a local store where they just happened to have chickens for sale, I can't remember the breed, but she wanted them. The minimum you could get was 6, so I was like ... you know this would be okay I guess, we can eat eggs and use them for bug control ( we have lots of ticks and other creepy-crawly goodies on our land for them ).

Well, it wasn't until after a week later when I saw 6 more chickens that I knew I had reopened pandoras box. Don't get me wrong, I love my wife and our chickens - but now nearly 2 years later and I can't count the number of chickens that we have. I truly believe I have married the crazy chicken lady ( I hope she doesn't read this ) ha.

Breeds We Raise

• Nankins ( to preserve the breed )
  • Silkies
  • White & Brown Leghorn
  • Deleware
  • Brahma
  • Cochin Bantam
  • Plymouth Rock
  • and a few others... lol ( my wife was naming them for me, and I just realized how crazy we are )

A few of the many things I have learned

• Chickens are cheap, but the feed is expensive.
  • Hens are great mothers.
  • Roosters watch out for their ladies and are true gentlemen (usually)
  • Make sure you have enough time for your birds.
  • Kids love chickens, and they can teach them responsibility.
My wife I also run a raising chicken blog, OhCluck.com - where we talk about things we have learned over the years. It's growing, but just a hobby for us. We enjoy sharing our knowledge.

If anyone has any questions would love to answer them.

thanks so much for letting us be apart of this great community.

Back
Top Bottom