Hi, what's the best incubator 12-24. For Ducks, Chickens & Turkeys.

Sequoia Raven Bird Farms

Sing the song of your soul 🎶 ✨️
Sep 8, 2023
So, I've been looking EVRYWHERE for incubators that aren't cheaply made or a waste of time or money, I don't want to pay $300 for a 24 egg incubator that's still just trash, since I've found a lot that aren't rated very good. I've been searching for a few days with no luck. Is $100 a good price for a "TriCottage Automatic Incubator w/ auto egg turning and thermometer"? Is TriCottage even a good corp? I'm really wanting a incubator that's easy to handle, and that I don't have to open in order to see, add water, or roll eggs. Anyway don't mean to sound picky, but all the bad reviews on many incubators are starting to make this seem harder than it seems :D, I bet I'll find a good one!
Please tell me your thoughts! :D thanks! (please include place of purchase as well)

I have used a incubator before (twice) but I didn't own it.

We have an NR360, which is what we started out with. It auto-turns the eggs. You have to manually add distilled water to it about once every other day, depending on the humidity in your house. Totally love this!

Then we bought a used Brinsea 56EX from a poultry swap. It needed major cleaning but runs great and we've hatched several batches in it. This one auto-turns eggs too, and has an automatic humidity on it, as in you stick your hose in a gallon jug of distilled water and it takes care of the rest.

Both of these were off on the temp by +/- 10F. Whatever you end up getting, be sure to have or buy a separate thermometer/hygrometer. I bought 2 different Govees and one other brand that came as a pair.

For one that's cheaper than both of these, check out this thread on a Kebonnix. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/kebonnix-12-egg-incubator-thread.1568172/#post-26620070

Back
Top Bottom