1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi :) Where can I sell my chicks in Austin, TX?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AustinTXChicks, Sep 27, 2014.

1. AustinTXChicks

AustinTXChicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2014
    Austin, Tx
    Here's my repost from BYC Facebook: (Sorry if you are seeing it twice!)

I’m new to BYC, just joined today. I am in central Austin, and am trying to find homes for many of my beautiful babies! This is my first time hatching a surplus of chicks (more than what I am keeping for myself), and the only place I know to home them so far is off craigslist (prefer not to sell to feed stores). I give attention to each chick every day, and the results are tons of personality after a couple weeks! (while the new ones are just small, fluffy, and adorable). These will truly be great pet chickens. I was thinking about going to a Farmer’s Market, but am guessing it will not be permitted without jumping through a lot of hoops. For now, I will just provide the information for what I have right here!
    CHICKS AVAILABLE:
    Frizzled or straight, to be determined when feathers come in!
    *DOB 9/24 - 9/27: Black Silkies & Malaysian Serama Bantams - several teeny tiny & cute fluff balls , about 10 of each
    Frizzled
    *DOB 9/12: Cochin Bantams - 3 gorgeous chicks - these chicks have a lot of personality! Very friendly and curious, and beautiful!
    Straight Feathers
    *DOB 9/12: Buff Polish - 2 chicks
    *DOB 9/13: Polish - The parents were a straight and frizzle cross, and these are the straight chicks!
    1 chick is mostly white with a few black accents
    1 chick is black laced with gray/blue feathers
    1 chick is mostly black with hints of gray
    *DOB 9/05 Silkies - The available chick is partridge colored and is very friendly! I’m keeping the other partridge and blue silkie for myself! :0)
    I will reserve them if you set up a time to meet with me the same day or next day
    Thanks BYC people! This should be interesting… ! lol

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    1 person likes this.
  3. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You could put up signs at feed stores if they don't mind. Maybe in your local newspaper. I don't know about craig's list you don't know who would show up - and it has turned out very bad for some people. You could get the 20 posts
    quickly by welcoming new members on this thread. I would think by the breeds and colors, etc. they would sell themselves if anyone came out to see them.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You've gotten some good suggestions above, good luck finding homes for your chicks.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have been given some good suggestions for selling your chicks. You might also check and see if you local feed store has a bulletin board you can advertise them on. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in selling your chicks.

7. AustinTXChicks

AustinTXChicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2014
    Austin, Tx
    I really appreciate all the advice! Keep it coming if you have any more :) I did not think of advertising at the feed store. That's a wonderful idea!

8. LIChickens

LIChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by