hi y'all

I have heard very good things about Murray McMurray; however, I have heard the beginnings of rumors this year that they're not as good as they used to be. Also, I'm not impressed with the info I've gotten on breeds from them, but here's the link anyway, just b/c they have sex-links and they might have the best price and sex-links are usually pretty hearty chicks, so it's not like you'd be ordering some super sensitive specialty breed from them:
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/index.html
@ChicChick Just so you're aware of it, if you order Black Sex Links from Murray McMurray, they market their BSLs under the label Black Star. I've ordered Black Star pullets from MM before and they were excellent hens; egg laying machines.

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

I have ordered from Meyer hatchery twice and I'm placing another order to get chicks in the spring.  They have great customer service and the chicks I got are very healthy.  I ordered New Hampshire Reds from them both times.
www.meyerhatchery.com

I have heard very good things about Murray McMurray; however, I have heard the beginnings of rumors this year that they're not as good as they used to be.  Also, I'm not impressed with the info I've gotten on breeds from them, but here's the link anyway, just b/c they have sex-links and they might have the best price and sex-links are usually pretty hearty chicks, so it's not like you'd be ordering some super sensitive specialty breed from them:
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/index.html

Other sources are Ideal Poultry and the other one just left my head.  I'm sorry.  When I think of it, I'll send it to you.

Oh, I got my sex-links (and Leghorn pullets and (accidentally) my Cochin Frizzle Bantam) from the local feed store (in my case it was TSC).  They have "Chick Days" every year.  You can go down there and see the little chicks pecking round the watering troughs and choose the chicks you want and pick up the supplies you will need right there in person.  You might get a better deal ordering from a hatchery and getting some kind of package with the chicks and a brooder starter kit type thing.
farm and home has chick days near Easter around here.

Back
Top Bottom