1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi! :-)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Crankles, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Crankles

Crankles Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello everyone! I've been on this site almost daily for the past two years, but finally got around to setting up an account today. We got our first batch of chicks exactly one year ago this week and are loving it! We started with four ladies and during the year added and subtracted some here and there. Right now we have 3 adults and ten 4-week old cheepers! 4 of them hatched under our broody mama and the other 6 came from our local feed mill/store. We're so lucky to live 1/4 mile away from our girls' food source!

Don't let my username fool you, I'm not cranky at all. It's my daughter's nickname from when she was a baby [​IMG]. Other than my now very pleasant 6 year old girl, I also live with my husband, and we have two cats. I'm exciting to be an active part of this community and use more of the features that are available now that I am a member.

2. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    [​IMG]
    Welcome! :)

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So glad you are now an official member of BYC. Now you can partake of all the fun things, as well as educational. There are frequent "Hatch-a-thons," with prizes offered, photo contests, later in the year contests for the calendar etc. etc. Lots of fun stuff like "edible contests, and on and on. Plus all the good information and support that comes with a membership of over 390,000 members around the globe.

4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us (eventually [​IMG]).

As DD says, the collective knowledge of our membership and their willingness to help out is amazing. This, combined with the resources here makes this probably the best site for any chicken lovers.

As for your member name - I'd consider it a compliment if anyone called me "cranky" [​IMG]

All the best
    CT

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by