Hi! :-)

Crankles

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2016
Virginia
Hello everyone! I've been on this site almost daily for the past two years, but finally got around to setting up an account today. We got our first batch of chicks exactly one year ago this week and are loving it! We started with four ladies and during the year added and subtracted some here and there. Right now we have 3 adults and ten 4-week old cheepers! 4 of them hatched under our broody mama and the other 6 came from our local feed mill/store. We're so lucky to live 1/4 mile away from our girls' food source!

Don't let my username fool you, I'm not cranky at all. It's my daughter's nickname from when she was a baby
wink.png
. Other than my now very pleasant 6 year old girl, I also live with my husband, and we have two cats. I'm exciting to be an active part of this community and use more of the features that are available now that I am a member.

So glad you are now an official member of BYC. Now you can partake of all the fun things, as well as educational. There are frequent "Hatch-a-thons," with prizes offered, photo contests, later in the year contests for the calendar etc. etc. Lots of fun stuff like "edible contests, and on and on. Plus all the good information and support that comes with a membership of over 390,000 members around the globe.

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us (eventually
wink.png
).

As DD says, the collective knowledge of our membership and their willingness to help out is amazing. This, combined with the resources here makes this probably the best site for any chicken lovers.

As for your member name - I'd consider it a compliment if anyone called me "cranky"
big_smile.png

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom