1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JART25, Jan 1, 2017.

1. JART25

JART25 New Egg

Jan 1, 2017
    Hi! I am new to BYC and chickens in general. I got my first flock a year ago from my aunt. She let her hens hatch some babies and surprised me with them as a house warming gift! [​IMG] unfortunately I was not as prepared as I should have been and some, not so nice teens killed my whole flock [​IMG] I restarted with chickens this spring and am absolutely obsessed with my babies! I have Cochins, jersey giants, americauna mix, lavender orpington, australorps, ISA browns, silkie, and polish as well as 2 turkeys and 2 guineas. I look forward to talking with everyone!

2. ChickenGrass

ChickenGrass Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    :welcome
    Hello from Ireland!
    I am glad you joined the flock.
    I am sorry about your first flock :hugs
    Nasty people who did it.
    Do you know who it was?
    Goodluck,
    Fionn.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, JART25, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Sorry about your initial flock - did you seek compensation?? Best wishes with this flock. If you'd like to hone your chicken keeping knowledge, the Learning Center is packed with useful articles covering the full range of poultry keeping. Here's the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Best wishes! [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under jART25 [​IMG] Welcome!

I am also sorry to hear about your first flock but wish and your new feathered family all the best.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Best of luck with the new flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by