Hi

Hello Dianna, :welcome

Haha I can't imagine starting with 18! I've had poultry for three years (not long) and I thought 16 was a lot to accumulate. Chicken math I guess hits some harder than others aye? :lol:

Hi I am Dianna and I am new here. I have 18 chickens and I am new to raising them
Hi, welcome to BYC. I have 18 chickens too, but i am giving away three to four cockerels so I will have fourteen or fifteen soon. What breeds are your chickens? I have Wyandottes, Columbian Rocks, Columbian Rock Ameraucanas, Columbian Rock Rhode Island Red, Cuckoo Marans, and a Cuckoo Maran Columbian Rock. They all have names and because my flock built up slowly i know each of their personalities. I love to sit out with them and watch what they do. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Forgot to say, I have a Dutch Bantam! Loves to hatch chicks, very broody. Drives me nuts, but i hatch out chicks for the neighbors. I am going to break her broodiness when the neighbors have enough chickens. Do yours go broody? I've heard that Bantam's in general like to set on eggs.

Forgot to say, I have a Dutch Bantam! Loves to hatch chicks, very broody. Drives me nuts, but i hatch out chicks for the neighbors. I am going to break her broodiness when the neighbors have enough chickens. Do yours go broody? I've heard that Bantam's in general like to set on eggs.

You mentioned Bantam mixes. Know what breeds? Prepare yourself, they might all want to hatch or they might not just what i heard!

Back
Top Bottom