Hi!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes. I’ve been wanting chickens forever and just got chicks 3 weeks ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I got a 10 pack and the smallest died a few days after they arrived so we currently have 9.

(3) What breeds do you have? Well, it’s still a mystery. I got a rare breed assortment from Hoover’s Hatchery and would love to know what I have. I’m pretty sure 4 are Salmon Faverolles, and then I have two light grey and three black ones.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? So far I just love watching them. It’s been so calming during this really stressful time.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love gardening, knitting and reading.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m a mom of four and we just got a new puppy three weeks ago too.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I’ve been reading posts here for years learning all I can about chickens and dreaming of getting a little flock of my own. So glad to be here.
Hello and welcome!! I’m sorry about your lost chick- I’m raising chicks for the first time and my smallest passed as well. We are so happy to have you! Hope this community can give you and help or chatter that you need!
:welcome :woot

Back
Top Bottom