Hi

Chickwillay

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2023
Happy to be here and learn from so many knowledgeable people. I am down to 3 hens from 7. Two I lost to some disease that came through several years ago, one to a raccoon and another to an eagle. A pair of eagles have decided to roost near us and now the girls can only be out free-ranging when the LGD is out with them. They are mostly here for the enjoyment of fresh eggs and their silly behavior. When the girls are locked up in their coop at night I bring the dwarf goats up for the night since we bring the dog in and I like having them close to the house and not out in the meadow. We back up to a wooded area with a stream that has cougars, bobcats, bears, and coyotes coming through fairly often. I love the wildlife but have no desire to feed them. My husband and I retired here in the PNW 10 years ago, and since then two grown daughters, one son-in-law, and two grandsons (17 and 26) have joined us. I had 2 rescued alpacas that I recently rehomed, I miss them, but they were never meant to stay so all is well. I have followed your group for years and look forward to many more. Anne

Happy to be here and learn from so many knowledgeable people. I am down to 3 hens from 7. Two I lost to some disease that came through several years ago, one to a raccoon and another to an eagle. A pair of eagles have decided to roost near us and now the girls can only be out free-ranging when the LGD is out with them. They are mostly here for the enjoyment of fresh eggs and their silly behavior. When the girls are locked up in their coop at night I bring the dwarf goats up for the night since we bring the dog in and I like having them close to the house and not out in the meadow. We back up to a wooded area with a stream that has cougars, bobcats, bears, and coyotes coming through fairly often. I love the wildlife but have no desire to feed them. My husband and I retired here in the PNW 10 years ago, and since then two grown daughters, one son-in-law, and two grandsons (17 and 26) have joined us. I had 2 rescued alpacas that I recently rehomed, I miss them, but they were never meant to stay so all is well. I have followed your group for years and look forward to many more. Anne
Sorry for your losses :( Welcome to BYC! Make yourself at home!

Back
Top Bottom